Educational assessment is the systematic process of documenting and using empirical data of the knowledge, skill, attitudes, and beliefs to refine programs and improve student learning.

Who should apply for the Educational Credential Assessment?

The Educational Credential Assesment (ECA) must be requested by the interested party, could be the future employee or student. The Government of Canada only accepts assessments from authorized organisms.

How much does an Educational Credential Assessment cost?

It depends on the organisms you select. But if you must know, it is around 300 CAD regardless of the number of titles you want to validate.

What to do to apply for an Educational Credential Assessment?

The Government of Canada website has an explanation, but it seems that it is not very clear to everyone. See below what to do first:

  1. Do a photocopy of your original diploma. If you have more than one degree photocopy them all
  2. Select your designated organization, you will need to follow their specific directions. Please review as not all organization accepts all the universities. You will need to select one that accepts all the universities you want to assess
  3. Send them your diploma copy and any other documentation they may need to process
  4. Contact all the universities were you have studied and then explain them the process. Some of them are familiar with it and some of them are not. In resume, you will need to forward the university a form signed by you (and they must sign as well). The university will need to send to the designated organization your transcripts
  5. When all the universities have sent the required documentation, wait for your assessment. Each designated organization has its own way to send you the educational assessment

Sometimes universities are not familiar or they do not pay attention to the procedure and they send you the transcript with a university envelope. If this is your case, do not worry, put the original transcript inside the university envelope, then put it inside a standard mail envelope and mail it to the designated university. However, we recommend you to contact in case of any question.

blog comments powered by Disqus


Katapulta is the project that will help you to visit, study, work or live in Canada.

We share information on many cities in Canada, how to write a proper resume, the process of obtaining or getting certain documents for Canada, myths and facts and much more information coming from experience or common questions.