Canada has a large domestic and foreign tourism industry. The second-largest country in the world, Canada's incredible geographical variety is a significant tourist attractor. Much of the country's tourism is centred in the following (busiest) regions: TorontoMontrealVancouver / Whistler, Niagara FallsVancouver IslandCalgary / Canadian Rockies, British Columbia's Okanagan Valley, and the national capital region Ottawa. The large cities are known for their culture, diversity, as well as the many national parks and historic sites.

As a tourist, a person who is travelling or visiting a place for pleasure, you can come and visit Canada.

Documents You May Need to Visit Canada

Besides the passport, you may need:

  • Depending on your nationality, a tourist visa may be or not required. A tourist visa is a document that allows you to step in Canada.
  • You may also need an eTA if you arrive by air. An eTA is not a warranty of entering into the country, it is an authorization to travel to the country. The border agent at the border has the last word to allow you to enter or not.
  • A detailed schedule of your visit will help. The more detailed the better.
  • If you are visiting a relative, an invitation letter will help a lot.
  • Funds, you will need to show you are carrying with enough money to spent for the time you want to be in the country.
  • Any documentation that shows ties to your home country will be useful, you need to demonstrate you will exit Canada

Usually, a tourist is allowed to stay in the country for six months unless otherwise specified.


Katapulta is the project that will help you to visit, study, work or live in Canada.

We share information on many cities in Canada, how to write a proper resume, the process of obtaining or getting certain documents for Canada, myths and facts and much more information coming from experience or common questions.