International Student


An international student is a foreign national who attend to a Canadian school. An international student will need a study permit to attend any post-secondary institution.

Post-secondary schools

Post-secondary schools are:

  • colleges
  • universities
  • private career colleges and
  • vocational and technical schools.

Each post-secondary school has its own set of rules on how to apply, including the level of English or French you need to be accepted.

Language schools

Many schools in Canada teach English or French as a second language. However, not all the language courses may qualify for a work permit.

Work Permit for Students

Study permit holders may ask for a work permit with some restrictions such as the number of hours allowed to work. However, not all the programs qualify for a work permit. Most language programs or study programs with less than a year length do not qualify.


Katapulta is the project that will help you to visit, study, work or live in Canada.

We share information on many cities in Canada, how to write a proper resume, the process of obtaining or getting certain documents for Canada, myths and facts and much more information coming from experience or common questions.