What are the types of Visa?
If the plan is to visit Canada only once, then it is convenient to take out the Canadian visa with a single entry ("single-entry visa"). The disadvantage of this type of document is that if you need to return to travel to the places you did not leave on the first trip, you have to do the Canadian visa process again.
If it is known in advance that the visit to Canada will not be a one-time visit, then the best option is to apply for a multiple-entry visa, which is valid for up to 10 years and allows you to stay there for a maximum of six months per visit.
Not all citizens of foreign countries need a visa.
Who should Apply for a Tourist Visa?
All foreigners who wish to enter the national territory, depending on their nationality.
Which Countries do not Need a Visa?
These are the countries that do not need a visa to go to Canada, in this league http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp you can confirm if you need to do the procedure.
- Antigua and Barbuda,
- The Bahamas,
- British citizens,
- British citizens of overseas territories 1, 2,
- South Korea,
- The Solomon Islands,
- New Zealand,
- Papua New Guinea,
- The Czech Republic,
- Permanent residents of the USA,
- San Marino,
If the country you are looking for is not on this list, below you can read what are the requirements to process the Canadian Visa.
What are the Basic Requirements for the Canadian Visa?
After reading on the Canadian government website to find out if the visa should be processed for Canada and what kind of visa to apply, it is time to put things in order. Here is a brief list of the basic requirements to be met before starting with the procedures, forms and payments.
- Have a passport with an expiration date of more than six months
- To be in good health, in some cases they ask for a biometric study. For more information see this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
No criminal record or convictions related to illegal immigration crimes
- Demonstrate to the migration officer that there are ties that bind the country of origin and therefore it is not in the plans to stay in Canada illegally. For example, work, home, family, financial assets
- Convince and demonstrate to the migration officer that Canada will be abandoned after the period you set
- Have enough money for the stay. The amount will depend on the number of days in Canada
- It may happen that you also need to present a medical exam to complete the visa process to Canada. In that case, one performed by the primary doctor will not work. A professional qualified by the Immigration Service of Canada must be located in the country or province of origin. There is a public list.
- It does not rule out that they request to present a letter of invitation written by the applicant to visit in Canada. It must include all your contact information, the purpose of the trip, time and place of your stay. If the person who will receive you is a citizen or permanent resident in Canada, you must also include the birth certificate or citizenship card or the copy of the PR card or the IMM 1000 landing test. You will also have to give details of who makes up your group family. The letter must be signed by a notary. Sometimes legalization of this type is required.
Being a citizen of a visa-free country does not guarantee entry into Canada. You must still demonstrate that the intention to visit Canada as a tourist is legitimate and that there are ties that guarantee the return to the country of origin.
How long can I stay in Canada as a Visitor?
The immigration officer is the person who determines how long you can stay in Canada. Most visitors are allowed to stay up to 6 months counting from the day they enter the country. The exact date that you must leave the country will be indicated in the passport. To stay longer than authorized, you must apply for a visa extension at least 30 days before the end of your stay.
To go to Canada, most travellers need a valid entry document such as a tourist visa and/or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). What necessary role depends on your citizenship or situation.
The requirements and papers to process the Canadian visa are enough. Prepare them in advance and make sure you have everything in order by the time you start your vacation in the wonderful land called Canada.
How to apply for the Visa?
Once with the papers, the process is easy. The fastest method is electronic.
- Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
- Get an account (if you do not have one yet)
- Apply to VISA and upload documents
The process is purely electronic and you should constantly check the email and the portal for any updates.blog comments powered by Disqus