Temporal Foreign Worker

Temporary Foreign Worker is a worker from abroad who is holding a valid working permit. A worker can be on one of the following categories:

  • the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
    • Employers must obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire foreign workers to fill temporary labour and skill shortages. The LMIA verifies that there is a need for a temporary worker and that no Canadians are available to do the job.
  • the International Mobility Program (IMP)
    • The IMP lets employers hire temporary workers without an LMIA. Exemptions from the LMIA process are based on both of the following:
      • the broader economic, cultural or other competitive advantages for Canada
      • the reciprocal benefits enjoyed by Canadians and permanent residents
Application to work in Canada — work permits including open work permits
Creating my Strategy on Looking for a Job in Canada
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Employment and Social Development Canada
Employment Standards in Canada
Find your NOC
Frequently Asked Questions about the eTA
Hire a Foreign Academic
Hire a Temporary Foreign Worker in a High-wage or Low-wage Position
Hire a Temporary Worker as an In-Home Caregiver
How to get an eTA?
How to Obtain a Work Permit?
How to Obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
How to Obtain an Open Work Permit?
How to Write the Job Offer Letter?
Immigration and Citizenship
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27)
Ineligible Employers Blacklist
International Mobility Program: North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)


Katapulta is the project that will help you to visit, study, work or live in Canada.

We share information on many cities in Canada, how to write a proper resume, the process of obtaining or getting certain documents for Canada, myths and facts and much more information coming from experience or common questions.